Terms and Conditions
Cancellations of registration must be by email only. Refunds will apply as follows:
- More than 28 days before the conference – Full refund
- 28 – 7 days before the conference – Refund (less $500 administration charge)
- 7 days or less before the conference or non-attendance – No refund (no exceptions)
An organisation may send an alternative delegate if registration has been paid and the registered person is unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances. In such cases, Event Management must be advised of the change prior to the symposium.
Waiver of Policy
The AusIMM, accepts no liability to any persons or body for any loss, injury or damage howsoever and whether directly from any action or cause whatsoever undertaken,
By attending this event I consent to my image being taken and used at the discretion of The AusIMM.
The AusIMM is a professional institute that relies on the use of personal information to provide support and services to members and to non-member stakeholders and customers of AusIMM services. We rely on comprehensive and accurate personal information about our members and about non-members who engage with AusIMM.
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are to provide services and benefits for our members and to maintain and extend our membership. We collect information from members and non-members so that we can provide services, manage our professional relationships, manage our business, comply with our legal obligations, communicate effectively and enhance the level of service being offered. At the time of registering for this event you have the option to indicate whether or not you agree to the AusIMM contacting you for promotion of future events, professional development opportunities and discount offers.
By submitting your abstract you hereby agree to the terms and conditions of The AusIMM that if your final abstract is selected for the technical program at least one author of the abstract will register and pay the discounted author registration fee with full intention of presenting at the conference. Abstracts of authors who fail to register and pay by the nominated deadline will be automatically withdrawn from the extended abstracts volume and program.
By submitting an abstract to this AusIMM conference you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions
- Prior to submitting an abstract that contains information that relates to, or reports on, a particular company or organisation, the appropriate level of approval must have been granted.
- Abstracts submitted are of original quality (not previously published).
- Submissions of abstracts are loaded electronically via the conference Speakers’ Portal, with minimal formatting.
- Extended abstracts submitted are in accordance with the Guide to Authors and should not exceed 1000 words (3 pages).
- The abstract does not infringe on the copyright of any other third party and copyright for said abstract will be assigned to the AusIMM.
- The abstract adheres to the guidelines as presented in the AusIMM Guide to Authors.
- Authors with accepted final extended abstracts agree to register, pay and attend the conference. At least one author/presenter must be registered and paid by the nominated deadline in order for the extended abstract to be published and presented. Any extended abstract not registered and paid will be automatically removed from the extended abstract volume and program.
- Late withdrawals of final extended abstracts will incur penalties if withdrawn by the author at any time following the final submission date:
- Authors will incur a A$400 desktop publishing fee
- The extended abstract will be removed from the extended abstract volume and technical program
- In the instance the author is not available to present the extended abstract a suitable replacement may be found to present the extended abstract and pay the registration fee.